Tuesday, March 25, 2014

GDX / DUST / NUGT

It's amazing what a difference a day makes, yesterday I thought GDX and miners would come around, but they weren't there yet as far as confirmation, today they are looking amazing.

I may even add GDX calls (April in the money) to the NUGT trading long (swing trade).

NUGT is the 3x leveraged version of GDX (gold miners), DUST which I just closed at a nice profit is the 3x leveraged opposite of GDX or NUGT.

DUST Core Long position closed at 15.75% gain, I'm sure I'll be back in it within a few weeks.

For confirmation, the signals in NUGT should be positive and DUST should be the opposite and negative.
 NUGT 3 min doesn't need any notation, the divegrence is clear to see and the flat range we often see these divergences in is also in the right place, better known as the reversal process.

Look at the leading positive on this 5 min NUGT, this is why I decided to take action now, even though a head fake move is a distinct possibility, but in the larger picture (if I don't use it to add), it means nothing with these divergences.

This is a 10-min positive, that's already a significant timeframe so we seem to be looking at a swing + move.

And the 15 min, that's impressive enough for me.

Remember DUSt si the mirror opposite and should have opposite signals.

3 min DUSt

5 min DUST leading negative, also intense.


10 min DUST

And the 15 min

As far as the long term and why DUSt was a CORE position rather than a trading position when I closed it is because of this next chart...
DUST 60 min so even though I think we get a strong move up in GDX/NUGT, eventually the larger trend trade is back in DUST long, NUGT is essentially a counter trend swing trade, but worthwhile.


No comments: