Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trade Idea: SRTY Long / IWM short

I'm going to add SRTY (3x short IWM/Russell 2000) to the trading portfolio, the volatility increase that I expected to see this week is clearly alive and well and returning to the markets after several or a couple of weeks of much lower volatility, a change in character which leads of course to...

However what I'm most interested in with this position is taking advantage of the volatility as it cuts both ways as I said yesterday, like a pendulum swinging too far one way and then too far the other. I think the IWM put was entered at the right time, right now I like the 3x short IWM,  SRTY (long) if for nothing else than to take advantage of the increased volatility as the signs and signals as well as yesterday's positive divegrence alone all suggest that there's not much more gas in the tank.


No comments: