Thursday, April 3, 2014

Trade Idea: NFLX Long

I already put this one out with a reiteration... Trade Idea: NFLX Long .... Went with NFLX April (monthly) $355 & Equity long for Trading Portfolio

And left some room for an add-to...

"I took opened about a 2/3rds size Call position, just in case we get a little discount I can add to it and fill it out, the Trading Portfolio is leaning net short and I could use a hedge there so I went with a nearly full size long NFLX position, I don't anticipate it being much more than a swing trade."

I'll be filling out the positions, for the equity long, there's really not a lot of risk as a stop can be placed a few percent below, but I would personally leave some room for a stop run/head fake in the area of about $349.90. In fact, if you want to place a high standard on the trade idea and get the best entry/lowest risk, you might consider setting an alert for <$349.90 and consider that the make or break for a long entry.

I'll have some charts up shortly, the reason I mention a possible head fake is because it is already so close to support which would be a wider "W" base and they typically see a small stop run to give them some initial momentum as shorts will enter on a break of support and be caught in a bear trap and forced to cover as price reverses.

No comments: