Friday, June 19, 2015

Quick Market Update Before I Go Through Charts...

I'm getting ready to go through my "Week Ahead " charts so I'm going to give a quick update before I do.

The market doesn't look good to me and nothing from last night's Daily Wrap has changed, which is probably what the Week Ahead forecast is going to look like, but intraday, as the op-ex pin ends, we get some noise and in the case of a bounce intraday, this noise would be a big help for the VXX long position.

This is by far the best intraday reversal set yup I've seen, but it is a change of character and that usually means a chance of trend, just be mindful that these bounce signals are on the weakest intraday charts, they are not something (at this point) I'd consider a move in to next week.

 1 min SPY intraday,  this has not moved to a 2 min chart so it looks like an intraday bounce. maybe gap fill, only. While I doubt it, it could also be a string divergence just to hold the SPY in place for op-ex, but I'm leaning more toward an end of day bounce,  nothing I'd consider as something going in to next week.


 The intraday DIA chart (today only) is also showing a similar positive divergence, again it hasn't moved past a 2 min intraday chart, so I wouldn't expect much more than an intraday move.

ES intraday with a positive divergence in to this flat range-isn area.

 NQ with a similar intraday 1 min divergence. Again, the weakest timeframe of all of the ones we look at.

The 15 min Es chart shows the bigger picture and trend of distribution, much stronger, this is more what I'mm expecting in to next week, but I need to go through all of the charts for the Week Ahead before saying that as if it were the Week Ahead forecast.

The NYSE TICK has broken the early down trend and is above the channel.

Our Custom TICK indicator shows the early weakness today with improvement in internals this afternoon coming up on the 2 pm hour.

I'll have more shortly.

No comments: