Friday, June 19, 2015

Quick VXX Update

Remember the SPY 1 min chart, it's a mystery to me, it doesn't make sense, but this is how Wall St. operates, making the most number of people wrong at any one time just as it did when sentiment was at a bearish extreme early this week, what did Wall St. do? flipped the boat as we expected Monday.

As for the 1 min SPY positive, it has a slightly confirming VXX 1 min, this is why I have not put out the trade idea for VXX yet, despite so many other timeframes looking great.

VXX 1 min intraday EOD negative divergence that confirms the SPY 1 min positive. This is VERY short term as in early next week, likely early Monday depending on the close.

This should bring VXX down a little which makes its reversal process that much stronger, I suspect that's where out entry will be. So despite all the Lehman / Greek Weekend" talk, I have to go with what I can observe, even if it defies logic.

As the Week Ahead post presents, I'm looking for some limited early strength in the market/weakness in VXX very early in the week/Monday and very short lived. I suspect the rest of the week we see a move that ends up slicing through the SPX 150-day moving average where all the stops are lined up.

No comments: