Thursday, July 9, 2015

Trade Idea: VXX Short/Put Position

I know I already have a full size UVXY short position, but when certain elements come together, I like options as a TOOL and here I like it so I'm opening a speculative size August 21st VXX $21 Put position. It's speculative in position size because of the large exposure to a full size UVXY short and the expiration is pretty long because my experience has been, while it may not make as much money, since I've been using about 3x more time than I think I need,I've gone from totally losing up an options portfolio to seeing one nearly double in size. I'll go for consistency over a lotto ticket any day.

Charts coming.

This would obviously mean that a market bounce looks highly probable being VXX/UVXY move opposite the market.

No comments: