Thursday, January 31, 2013

I told you volatility would pick up

I pretty much define volatility in this case as , "Huge moves both up and down that make no sense, there's no reason for them, there's no trend in them", but we see it all the time as the character of a trend changes and we have been in such a low volatility environment (investor friendly), it looks to be changing.

Here's the TICK showing some of that volatility, I watched this as it happened, this isn't normal action, either something happened or some HFTs were turned lose trading at one-one millionth of a second.

That's not normal on a day like this, that's why dull days are so dangerous, you have to be on your toes and it continues.

I'll get some QQQ charts out.

There's a lot of interest in ERY, the leveraged Energy short, I'm pretty darn close to saying, "Close enough" to fill that one out and yes I know about the Syrian craziness.

No comments: