Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pre-Market

So far in the overnight session we have Germany with retail sales coming much worse than expected, remember that they are 1 quarter's print away from a recession, the print of -4.7 on expectations of -1.5 on a y.o.y. basis for December.

The US has Initial Claims and Chicago PMI coming up.

My gut feeling is that we see some higher prices (vs yesterday) in to today and perhaps an op-ex pin tomorrow. I'd be looking to add to some shorts on price strength, I'll be looking closer as the markets open though.

 The 5 min ES chart I wondered about last night re:  a bounce looks more so like one...

 And the EUR/USD hasn't moved much yet, it's certainly possible, but...

The bigger picture 30 min ES chart is very negative, that's why I want to sell in to short term strength and add shorts where appropriate.

I'll be back right around the market open.



No comments: