Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Put RIMM on Your Short List...

RIMM's inability to bounce today, plus the competition it faces from AAPL and others makes it seem like RIMMS future isn't going to b so bright moving forward.

 RIMM's 5 day chart with two areas of support, one now broken.

 Here are the two areas on a closer view on a daily chart. Note RIMM hasn't moved up at all today, and while that may not hold true in the days ahead, it's days like today when you can sort out who's who in the zoo. While most stocks will fall in a bear market and I believe that's exactly what we are moving toward, some will fall further and deeper then others. Looking at RIMM last night, I could see a probable target in the mid teens, if things really fall apart, single digits are even possible.  So I want RIMM on my "short" short list. If I have to choose a short between AAPL and RIMM, I'm gong with RIMM.

RIMM's daily chart and cycle-July-August accumulation, mark up until late 2010 and distribution in early 2011. RIMM has entered stage 4, decline and it's a bit uglier then the market, again showing weak relative performance. I'd watch for a bounce in RIMM to $42.50-$45 as an entry point for a short sale position.

No comments: