Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Middle of the night update

My dog (11 months old) has no couth or bedtime manners and apparently no biological clock either. She didn't eat her dinner at dinner time, but rather 3:15 in the a.m. and then once again, clumsily stumbled without a care (walking over my entire body in the process) and dropped her entire weight of 45 lbs like a front loader dumping a bucket of rocks, right in between my wife and I-ever cognizant of the fact there was precisely 6 inches between us. OK, were both awake exclaiming, "EMMA!" in groggy unison. 


Just to prove to you she has no couth or consideration, when I'm working on my patio, enjoying the October Florida weather, she just has to sit on the table outside so she can poke me with her nose for attention, but has ZERO problems navigating the course of coffee cups, other drinks, electronics, cellphone and other items and does so as nimble as a cat, but at bedtime, no such effort. Then for her Piece de resistance she decides it's playtime and chews her butchers bone, which is not supposed to be in bed, with a loud thud of a chunk of bovine bone hitting the tile floor every 60 seconds or so, just as you start to doze off!


So here I am, unable to sleep as mornings are always the worst for back pain and none too happy about it.

So I looked at EUR/USD as well as ES and no big surprises, just a small one.
 Here's overnight ES to the right, the positive divergence produced a move off the lows to break in to the green briefly. The little surprise is that it wasn't a bit higher.



The move is most likely robot induced, following the Euro as it bounces off support which was defined earlier. The arrow is the 4 p.m. New York close.

I just found some interesting reading material, there's more then one way to dress a window if you are a corrupt bank CFO (the two words are virtually synonymous in finance). Check out this article which is one of the better pieces of research Zero Hedge has came up with.

Futures across the board and international markets are pretty thoroughly red across the board except a small .16% gain in the NASDAQ 100 futures which may be in anticipation of AAPL's earnings as they never fail to beat because of what I call the "Scotty Strategy". Remember how Scotty from Star Trek would save the day by fixing the Warp Drive just before the Klingon warbird could get a lock on the Enterprise, but he's always tell Kirk he needed a half hour to do a task he knew he could get done in minutes. I use to do the same as a production manager, but it amazes me that people actually buy AAPL on a predetermined beat as they always guide ridiculously low. Any way, it will be interesting just to see where market sentiment is.

Okay, I hear Emma snoring now, so it's safe to get back under the sheets. See you in a few hours.

This post was brought to you, discourtesy of Emma.

This is Emma sitting on the patio table, inches from me.

No comments: