Friday, May 4, 2012

Bottom Line on AAPL Calls

These are the May $575 from yesterday, for me it' not too hard of a decision because my exposure there is not very big as a speculative position and my long term shorts I have been putting together for the last month or so are all working well, the AAPL position is like a drop in the bucket compared to those so I don't have any strong emotional burden.

Here are the charts, I will continue to hold the calls, I'm most interested in the 15 min chart for near term.

 Since our first hint something was going on in Tech and AAPL on the 23rd/24th, the divergence there was strong, there was some distribution on the 25th gap up after earnings, but since the 15 min chart has moved higher in to AAPL moving lower.

 On the 15 min, today specifically, there's a strong relative positive divergence and the 15 min intraday although not a huge move, has moved positively today.

I believe I mentioned in the post (I know in many emails) that there's a chance of an AAPL shakeout below major support although I didn't think it was likely with yesterday's charts, the NFP changed that. In any case, this isn't the first time we have seen obvious support in white broken to the downside and then a monster move up.

So I'm going to hold these calls in to next week.

No comments: