Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Energy/XOM Update

I expected Energy yesterday to start to rotate out, it has seen a decent day today, the price charts are one thing, but they lag the underlying action.

 First XOM's risk profile here is well within my tolerance, even if they can get a head fake move above this long range, that's why I saved 25% of the position, it has decent strength today on the whole to short in to.

 All of the short term charts are falling apart fast - 1 min

 2 min

 3 min

 5 min

For me, it's worth the risk here with the extra room I still have in the position and its near the top of the range.

Energy/XLE
 Seeing the same weakness on the short charts 1 min

 Deep leading negative 2 min

 leading negative 3 min

 same on the 5 min

And a very strong relative negative divergence on the 15 min. Energy to me looks to be at a good place to short considering some probable sector rotation.

No comments: