Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thank you

As usual, tonight is another event which confirms what I have known for a long time, I have the best bunch of members that any person could even dream of. Whenever you put a hundred people together, I'd expect the 80/20 rule to apply, 80% will be fine, 20% will be a pain.  Even foregoing the 80/20 rule, there's got to be someone  in a group this large and diverse who rubs you the wrong way at least once in a while, especially among traders (it's true, certain traders just can't take responsibility for themselves and always blame someone else). I don't know how it's possible, but I can say with certainty and in all honesty, I am BLESSED to have such an amazing group of individuals who never cease to amaze me with their caring, compassion, interest, generosity, and just about every other noble trait you could describe.

When I look at my emails from members, I don't have a single person, not one single member who makes me feel like, "Uh, not this person". It's really amazing to me how I can be so blessed with such a large, diverse group and not have a single crossed wire. I'll admit, in the past I've had two, one finally left on his own, the other was non-stop complaining, but he renewed for 7 months after he started complaining. It got to be so overwhelming, such a waste of my time that I really felt that 1 member shouldn't take up 40% of my time with non-productive criticism. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, but this was just something altogether different. I finally waited until he renewed, returned his money on that day (so he got the full 30 days he paid for) and cancelled him as he seemed content to renew every month and send me 20 criticisms a day. Since then, well over a year ago, I haven't had one person that I didn't absolutely appreciate.

Many of you know that I aspire to do something bigger with 3C, that I've met with hedge fund managers and have an ongoing relationship with an investment company. I'd really like to take from Wall Street and give to some of my favorite charatis like 4Kids of South Florida.

However, after all of the amazing birthday wishes and emails that not only moved me, but some even changed my perspective of turning 40 (which I didn't like-turning 40 I mean), it reminds me once again that it's just not statistically possible to have such an amazing group of people, it tells me something bigger is involved here and is telling me that for right now, I'm exactly where I belong.

I don't have time to respond to each and every one of you who wrote tonight, but let me just say to each of you individually, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Time and time again you pick up on whatever may be going on in my life (whether it was my mother with cancer, the loss of my best friend-Tilla or my wife's recent trouble breathing ) and you inquire, send good thoughts our way and prayers (and yes my wife reads most of my emails --I don't know where she finds the time-- so she knows what concern you have shown for her and she is truly as moved as am I) .

There's no way this can be coincidental, I'm truly blessed to do what I love with the best of the best of humanity. Each of you and all of you really inspire me to do my very best, with such a special group I don't want to let anyone down. Considering all the Facebook b-day emails, the cards, the phone calls, etc., each of you, faceless people that I talk to every day in simple emails, have been the best part of this birthday, you really made it special. Thank you.


No comments: