Tuesday, July 10, 2012

AAPL Update

Yesterday I opened an AAPL August $615 put

"This is about a normal size position, you may get a little better intraday price, but this is fine for me here."


Here's this morning's AAPL update, needless to say (and after looking at today's charts), if I liked it yesterday, I still like it today.


 The AAPL 5 min chart's negative divergence was really enough for me to take on the PUT position.


 The short term intraday action on the 1 min chart is negative and starting to build, this should keep up and should migrate to the next longest timeframe.

 That would be the 2 min chart which is just in confirmation as of now.

 The 3 min chart wasn't influenced in the short term gap higher and remains negative from the larger divergence that has been building in AAPL (along the lines of the overall market pullback move).

 AAPL's 15 min chart...

And 30 min chart.


All in all, I have no problems with the AAPL position, I suspected I might not get the best entry yesterday, but given the divergences that wasn't a huge concern.


As mentioned above, I liked it yesterday, I still like AAPL for a decent size pullback.

No comments: