Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lots of noise

I'm looking at different timeframes and assets and there's a lot of noise, ES still has a positive divergence suggesting there's still a decent chance of more upside before the close, the one thing that is pretty consistent is the 15 min charts being negative.

I'm still digging through these charts looking for the probabilities, I'll post shortly on what I think that's going to be. In the meantime, ES

Intraday positive divergence still suggests ES and the market could still move higher in to the closing hours.

I often say, when in doubt, go to the longer term charts where we can take away noise and reveal the major underlying trend...

The strategic view looks pretty solid with this SPY 15 min lading negative divergence, meaning I want to trade form the short side for the next move, however the tactical entry is where the noise is. Unless you simply take a longer term view and have a wide stop, then it looks like a no brainer. I prefer though to get the best entry possible, at this point that has to be weighed against missing the move.

More to come shortly as I sort through charts looking for that key hint.

No comments: