Monday, July 30, 2012

UVXY

Last week I picked up some August and September UVXY calls for the options model portfolio, more in August, fewer for September. I was just looking at UVXY to see if it's in a position in which I would consider adding today, longer term I think it almost seems like arguing over pennies, shorter term unless something changes in the last hour of trade, I'd prefer to wait until tomorrow to look at adding.

Here's what I'm talking about with the longer term charts in VXX/UVXY

 UVXY 15 min added a lot to the leading positive divergence today

 Here's a closer look, this is why it makes me feel like it's almost haggling over pennies. I'm glad that I do have exposure to UVXY calls right now.

 VXX (the unleveraged version) with a nice leading 5 min divergence.

 The 15 min leading positive added today in VXX

Ultimately the 60 min chart in VXX, this looks like a very strong positive divergence.

Still, with a position already started and the findings of the last post, I think I'll be a little more patient, unless of course something changes.

No comments: