Wednesday, October 24, 2012

F_O_M_C

A Few things to remember, as you know the F_O_M_C is a wild card, we don't know what they'll say and we CERTAINLY don't know how the market will react, I think a LOT of longs were very disappointed in market performance since QE3 was announced at the last meeting.

There have been times we have caught a leak in policy statements the same day, I wouldn't go that far, but I would say if there were no wild card event today, with everything in place I have seen, I'd be increasing long positions and I still may, but I already have good representation on the long side.

Don't forget the knee jerk effect, it may be something we can use tactically.

Finally I would consider your ability to be nimble, you don't want too much exposure and have to change a position on the same day and not be Reg. T compliant or at least don't have so many positions unhedged that you can't move a few without violating reg. T.


No comments: