Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Financials

I could have used XLF to represent Financials, but since the trade in financials long looks so limited, I'd  prefer use a leveraged vehicle like FAS (3x long Financials). I don't really like options in this scenario as I have a much higher standard fro the signals for using that kind of leverage.
FAS 1 min with a decent relative positive divergence, still short term.

 FAS 3 min is seeing migration from the 1 min chart.


 At 5 min we are very ugly, this is why it's a short term trade only, however it could still be a decent mover.

 If the SPX is going to break last Friday's highs, Financials are likely to be either following along or leading the SPX, so I'd expect a move above the yellow area.


 The longer term or trend 2 signal on a 15 min chart of XLF, leading negative

And that's when I want to move over to FAZ (3x short Financials for a much stronger, longer move as it is leading positive, the mirror opposite of XLF even though these are two totally different ETFs managed by two totally different companies, their signals confirm each other.

No comments: