Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HLF Flash Smash

Monday I updated HLF and it's been a fishy story with this stock, I have suspected that it's been being set up for a fall as some strange events have occurred.

In this post on Monday on an update I said there were a couple of things I was watching for, 1) the longer term 15 min chart and more importantly 2) the range that has been created in HLF. In fact this is the very chart from that post...



Here's what happened this morning in HLF...
 A +9.7% move in 1 minute, actually in less time than that, I believe it was 5 seconds, that's what you call an HFT Flash Smash. So the stock that was fishy going in to this has a very fishy move this morning, I still want to be careful with this.

 All of the charts show distribution in to the move, the 1 min.

 The 2 min

 The 5 min

 The 3 min (this should have loaded before the 5 min). The point is there's migration of a negative divergence through several timeframes and all pretty quickly.

From Monday's update the other thing I wanted to see other than what we just saw is this 15 min chart really breaking down harder to a stronger leading negative divergence. It takes a little more time than what has passed since that smash higher for a 15 min chart to move so I'll probably be patient and see if it makes a new low like the orange arrow I drew in, at that point HLF will be a very serious contender for me.

No comments: