Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Volatility is getting very close

These can be tough ETFs to trade, especially since the recent asset of choice to try to support or ramp the market over the last week or so seems to have been selling volatility.

I have to imagine that the epic volatility in the VIX is going to continue and likely see a new record move set.

I'd be looking at adding to VXX, but I know some of you are interested in UVXY.

 1 min leading positive today

 There's a longer positive trend, but I'm trying to focus on today, 3 min really leading positive, very nice divergence.

 60 min where the long term probabilities are, leading positive and I'm not convinced that the November area isn't part of the same overall accumulation as there was no negative divergence at the downside reversal.


 XIV is the Inverse of VXX and UVXY, it should have the opposite price action and 3C signals, the 3 min leading negative

 5 min leading negative

I'm curious to see how far the divergence can migrate today, if it can go to 10 or 15 min today, I'd be a buyer of VXX.

And the 60 min in XIV as well with a leading negative position confirming UVXY.

Right now I'd hold, but I'd certainly have this on the radar.

No comments: