Thursday, April 25, 2013

AMZN Earnings and Quick Update

I was asked about AMZN earnings and whether there may be a leak, honestly I'd have to do a lot of analysis between AMZN and the market, the Industry group peers and sub-industry group peers.

AMZN in general looks better on the 3C charts than I'd expect given the overall market tone the last few days.

As far as my personal plan, it is as I have posted before, to try to add to an existing partial AMZN short position to bring it to full size, I want the trade to come to me and my definition of that is AMZN trading at least above the flag-like consolidation zone since January (which is way too big to be a true flag) and price above at minimum $278. Ultimately, I'd like to see AMZN above $285 with negative divergences in to that move. I Would consider above $278-$280 "IF" the 3C charts were absolutely stellar in their negative divergences.

As far as a leak, I don't see it off hand, but AMZN does look more positive on 3C than I'd expect to see.

No comments: