Thursday, April 25, 2013

Euro Down, $USD Up

This is not a market friendly environment, apparently next week's "expected" 25 basis point cut by the ECB (European Central Bank) is sending the Euro lower and $USD higher, Goldman Sachs piled on with a release this morning and seeing as they are always wrong, I suspect at some point soon, Goldman will be accumulating the Euro and perhaps selling in to next week's ECB meeting announcement.

For now the divergences in the market that were there late yesterday are still there, the only difference is  that some of the intraday 1 and 2 min charts are confirming the move up this morning, but that can change very quickly. I'm going to check leading indicators, but by the way the EUR/USD is moving, I can't imagine this market can hold up long in the very near term.

For the moment I'm not taking any action until I better understand what's going on and have strong signals.

No comments: