Friday, May 24, 2013

A Bunch of Strange Stuff Overnight

Basically Global Stock market volatility continues, when the US sneezes, the rest of the world catches the flu it seems.

The Index futures lost ground last night, but it seems to me that so far our theory yesterday that a bigger accumulation zone would build (the reason I closed AAPL calls as it was too early) on a pullback-maybe it won't launch until Monday, but I do think that is the highest probability.

I'll tell you more about the craziness overnight in the next post, but for now I'd still remain nimble, there may be some quick day-type trades (even as small as AAPL's +5% yesterday) that are still worth it and I suspect we will find out if it is worth taking on some bigger positions in anticipation of Tuesday, we'll have to have some strong signals for that, but if we are building a second day of a base, then that raises the probabilities, it does nothing for the "forrest view", things are broke and broke bad". We are seeing the entire world is broke and broken bad.

 The key word right now is "Volatility", you can either sit it out or use it, this is a time in my view to use volatility in small trades and make some $, as well as using the spikes up and down to set up the larger strategic trades, adding to positions, etc.

More in a moment.

I'd expect we'll end up somewhere near the bottom of yesterday's range and perhaps a head fake below it before any possible bounce can play out, but they will almost certainly take the shorts out and reward the longs for their ignorance just long enough to lock them in to buying dips as the market continues to sink lower, that's what is going on right now, you know why, it's not just what I see in the markets, it's exactly what I would do. Retail is their for a reason, they call GS The "Vampire Squid", if GS is the vampire, who are they feeding off other than their own clients?

No comments: