Tuesday, June 18, 2013

XLF July $19 Call P/L

With the market still opaque near term, more importantly BEFORE tomorrow's 2 p.m. F_O_M_C, unless I have clear visibility, I want to reduce my leveraged holdings, even though certain ones I will add to as they have strong signals.

XLf's chart with the market charts as well as the USD/JPY just made this the right time to take the position off the table-thank you volatility.

The 3 min XLF (Financial Sector) chart speaks for itself. There's a difference between speculating and taking risks (which is exactly what we get paid to do) and just rolling the dice, gambling. If you aren't sure what the differences are, you need to email me and we have to have a serious talk about probabilities and risk management- don't be embarrassed, I don't look down on anyone and there are no dumb questions...(just dumb people--- :) I'm just kidding, really).

Honestly though, if you feel like what you are doing is no different than rolling dice, lets talk.



At the $.95 fill, XLF came out to be a winner of nearly +21%

This also puts the model portfolio up quite a bit since our hit and run tactics.

No comments: