Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Initial Thoughts

Initially I'm thinking of playing some calls, specifically because they are short term, the assets I was considering were AMZN, NFLX, PCLN and a couple more, the plan would be to then short those names coming out of the call positions, but I see this as EXTREMELY risky.

We only have about 50 minutes of post policy data and in a lot of places it's not looking as good as it should.

TLT is looking strong, I think if you looked in to it yesterday when it was mentioned, I'd feel pretty good about it's activity today.

Part of the danger is that we have such limited data since the policy announcement, the other is in the last post before the F_O_M_C in which I tried to give you a visual of a "No Taper" looking asset which was gold futures, they were positive in the very short term and only part of today, it doesn't really matter how positive the divergence is if it's only a couple of hours old, it can't support that big or long of a move, that is where I see this as being definitely dangerous.

I think the best course of action, rather than gambling is to give the market a few more hours or day to settle in and to only take the trades that have held up with strong signals.

I'm still looking, we are very early in to data since the statement.

No comments: