Tuesday, September 17, 2013

QQQ / AAPL intraday update

AAPL obviously doesn't have the 20% weight it use to have on the NASDAQ 100, for a $10,000 a year subscription to NASDAQ you can find out what the current weight is, but whatever it is, it's still the largest, most heavily weighted component.

Although I expected distribution in to today''s move all over, the Q's seem to be the sharpest intraday, this seems to be because of AAPL.

I posted AAPL this week and said that I WOULD NOT be involved with AAPL yet, there are too many things going on and it needs to settle in before the probabilities are on our side with low risk, but for now it seems to be hurting the NASDAQ the most.

There's also some obvious weakness in the Tech sector, XLK as well as the 3x long Tech ETF, TECL.
 QQQ late day accumulation yesterday (3 min) and sharp distribution, although all averages are seeing intraday distribution, the Q's looks to be the sharpest. The obvious place to look was AAPL.

 And the intraday 2 min chart confirms what I suspected.

XLK showing similar strong intraday distribution (2 min).

And TECL (3x long Tech ETF) was negative on the open Monday morning, a VERY small positive yesterday afternoon and negative this afternoon.

This is exactly what I expected yesterday as there was no support for the 1 min positive in very many places beyond 1 min, so essentially a very small amount accumulated and obviously being distributed pretty hard.

I don't know or think this represents an F_O_M_C leak, at least I haven't seen anything that makes me think that as of yet, but I think it is as I said, the last chance to bounce before everyone will want to be flat in to the F_O_M_C.

However, it would be amazing to find signs of a leak, if I can find that, it will be load up the truck time.


No comments: