Tuesday, September 24, 2013

TLT Trade...

You may recall I'm interested in TLT longer term as a long because for whatever reason it looks good and specifically looks better than the 10-year benchmark by a wide margin. I'm looking for TLT under $102 or around $100 as a new long, I'm also looking for a way to leverage up the position with liquidity so ideas are welcome, but I al;ready know about the leveraged ETFS, their liquidity is very poor.

I also saw a headline this morning, I didn't read it, but a pretty large private equity firm announced they are long treasuries as well.

For those who contacted me today about shorting TLT for a move down to the $102 area, before it wasn't looking like a good entry, now it is improving. The 10-year futures look horrible and loook ready to fall, the 30 year don't look as baad, but will likely follow the 10's.

TLT itself saw a change in character intraday from a steady uptrend to an accelerated (more vertical ) one which is a change in character and even though it looks bullish, it's often a sign that the trend is coming to an end.


 The change in character, now the upside change is going flat so it does look like an official change in character and that leads to changes in trends.

The 3 min chart intraday is showing some real distribution, it's not made it far, but..

It has started on the 5 min chart.

Short TLT isn't my favorite position right now, but if you are interested, this is looking to be a decent area.


No comments: