Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Index Futures

I have to say, I REALY don't like the look of the Index futures here either, actually I think they look worse than the averages. Actually I love the way they look for both very short duration positions like VXX calls or UVXY long equity/ETF and as far as core short positions go, although I think they really benefit more after this move.

In any case, I'm going to take another look at some assets to see if there's anything that I like enough to jump in, there's a lot I like, in fact GDX/NUGT I like right now, I think they are closing in as they build a base, gold doesn't look as hot this moment.

I'll get back to you after I run through the list again, but as I mentioned yesterday, VXX or UVXY long, SRTY (IWM 3x short ETF) long, probably any of the inverse market ETFs would work.

In any case, we have to consider duration, targets, risk, etc,  as always it's not the probability of a move, it's a high probability trade which includes the probability of a move, the risk:reward ratio, the general market risk, the tactical entry available, etc.

No comments: