Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quick Market Update

Watching for changes in character the last couple of days, really weeks has been important and there are some for sure, but the general concepts have stayed even as volatility cranks, for instance, I'm just using the SPY as an example...
Someone asked me yesterday if we should still expect head fake moves above ranges as we had a 5+ week range in the averages as seen above in the 15 min SPY, I said I wasn't sure, that's part of the character I was trying to determine, what changed and by how much.

In any case, this is the volatility I was talking about last night, but there are a lot of charts that I won't be able to get out fast enough. I may start slinging trades out very quickly. I'd really rather let a.m. trade burn off before even considering it, but in some cases, the finger is on the trigger and there are a lot, not just market correlated but others like UNG (which I still think triggers tomorrow on the EIA report at 10:30, but its divergences are moving in the right direction, looks a lot like TLT divergences did.

In any case, I'll try to get charts of points of interest out, but so many things are moving so quickly right now, I may throw the ideas out and have to follow with charts.

The IWM is one I'm watching  right now and SRTY would be the trade (long). I haven't pulled any triggers, I really want to be patient, but again,, things are moving very fast.

No comments: