Wednesday, February 5, 2014

VIX Update

This was yesterday's post on VIX shorts possibly coming up today and last night I showed several charts with my custom buy/sell indicator with a VIX sell.

I'm actually right on the verge of a VXX short or put, I just feel like I need a little bit more.

 VXX 1 min intraday negative

3 min negative

5 min leading negative

VIX futures 1 min are in line, but ...

The 5 min have been horrible.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, usually when VIX fires a signal, it's even more amazing than some of these, perhaps the 1 min  Futures going negative?

In any case, in almost any other asset I'd already be short here, but something is just telling me to be patient for a bit longer, if I miss the trade there will be another right around the corner.

Don't forget, VIX moves opposite the market so if we are seeing 3C deterioration in VIX, that's a good thing for the market, of course these are shorter term signals, maybe a swing type trade.

No comments: