Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hedge Ideas....

I know there's a lot of back and forth, I'm looking at HYG which I'll post for you and I can't see how this move doesn't make a larger move to the upside, not anything larger than expected Friday, but it has been pathetic so far.

I have April IWM puts at a 30+% gain and April BIDU puts at a 40+% gain and I do NOT want to take those off the table considering where I think we are, but I do want to hedge them and the gains.

I'm going to do that with some QQQ/IWM calls ($90 and $118 respectively), I was going to go for this week (Friday expiration) and truthfully that would probably be fine, but I have always gone with at least 2x more time than I think I need and there's enough liquidity in the Monthly 21st to make sure I get a fill.

THESE ARE HIGHLY SPECULATIVE POSITIONS AND WILL BE 1/3RD THE SIZE OF A NROMAL OPTIONS POSITION, TOGETHER THEY'LL BE 2/3RDS THE SIZE OF 1 OPTIONS POSITION AND THEY ARE HEDGING ABOUT 5 OR 6.

I'll have some charts up in just a few minutes, HYG is the asset I can't ignore so instead of taking Put profits now in positions I think will do much better and then having to re-enter them on increased volatility, I'm just using these two (QQQ/IWM) calls to hedge the gains there.

No comments: