Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trade Idea: VXX / UVXY (long)

This is a VERY speculative trade and likely very short duration, I'd guess it's over before the F_O_M_C tomorrow, but who knows, we'll have to monitor it as we sometimes find F_O_M_C leaks (not often, but when we do they are glaring).

 VXX 1 min

UVXY 2 min

VXX 3 min

THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED TO SEE, A 5 MIN LEADING POSITIVE THAT WAS CLEAR IN A RANGE. I'LL TAKE THE TRADE BASED ON THIS ALTHOUGH SPECULATIVE.

UVXY 10 min.

If you want to put a higher standard on the trade you can look for a stop run/head fake move below today's intraday lows / range, that would put a higher standard, but I'm ok with entering here as I'm treating this as a speculative position, smaller in size.

I'm going to go with VXX weekly May 2nd at a strike of $40 here, I may add to it if I see a head fake move.

No comments: