Thursday, May 8, 2014

Adding to TBT Long Position

TBT is the inverse ETF of TLT (20+ year treasury), although TBT has 2x leverage (UltraShort 20+ year). I started a trading portfolio position there and it's just around break even at -0.09%, it's half size so I'm going to fill it out.

You may recall the last TLT / TBT post, I expected TLT to come down, there's a longer term TLT long that I'd like to enter if TLT comes down to the $102 area, but one bridge at a time. I expected a little chop in TLT before it really started down, but I think we are at the right area to add to the TBT position.

Here's the last update for TLT/TBT Treasuries Update & TLT / TBT Trade Update from May 5th.

The Treasury futures from 5 min to 60 min were negative and the important charts in TLT were negative, making TBT an attractive alternative.

I'm going to go ahead and add the position now, I'll post the charts next.

No comments: