Thursday, June 12, 2014

NUGT Trade Management

I think there's a VERY high probability that GDX / NUGT pullback from here, gold as well as they have a tight correlation which I saw Tuesday and entered a GLD put position, Trade Idea- FADE: GLD (Puts)

Looking at GDX/NUGT, I think there will be a short term pullback. I have a small double digit gain in the equity long NUGT, which I was considering closing out and then re-opening at a lower level, I do want to put out an add-to post as well at the right spot and this probable pullback will likely be where we get that chance as I love this as a longer term position (LONG).

In any case, I wanted to let you know, I will be putting out charts, but I didn't want to waste time.

I have been struggling with the decision, but I keep thinking about that AAPL short that I had been waiting months for, had taken all kinds of flack for daring to suggest AAPL would ever go down and had a short set up, then decided to cover it in favor of a little bounce where I'd open the short at better prices, then AAPL dropped like a rock, ultimately -45%. For me the lesson was, "plan your trade, trade your plan" and this was meant to be a longer term play so I'm not going to mess with it. If you feel the same, you might consider a little offsetting hedge like the GLD put I mentioned above.

Charts are coming

No comments: