Thursday, September 4, 2014

AAPL, EOD Action and Risk

If there was an AAPL long (call) trade, I think this would be it right here, right about now.

I suspect the market is going to try to lift SPX futures back to VWAP by the close and the SPX back above 2000.

However, we have major escalation in Ukraine/Russia, we have non-Farm Payrolls at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow and a lot of wild card risk.

Today has had a very negative gut feel, however I've been trying to keep my patience and base decisions off the best data available. Unless I see something extraordinarily strong in AAPL, I can't consider this speculative position worthwhile with the risk floating around.

If you see it as a speculative position you can afford to play with, now is probably your best entry , but even as a speculative position, it just feels like pure gambling.

Please make note of very strong overall negative market tone above and beyond what we've already experienced and have expected.

No comments: