Monday, June 15, 2015

VXX Call Position Update

As seen in Leading Indicators Continue to Fall Off a Cliff just moments ago, VIX/VXX have been leading the SPX vs the normal correlation. As I said earlier today, I'm going to be patient and wait for a reason to close the positions if it is there, otherwise I see no reason not to keep them open.

This is VXX actually leading the SPY in to the close...
My alert system for VXX keeps going off as it makes higher highs intraday and in red, is nearly moving with or leading the SPY.

The best near term information I have as far as options trade management is that we should see an intraday move to the downside in the averages before they do much, this isn't 100%, but it's the probability...
 SPY 1 min intraday

ES 1 min intraday showing the same.

Thus holding VXX through today's close was the right thing to do and I have no evidence that short term it still not the right thing to do.

The position closed at $1.89 bringing the current P/L to  +47.5% and there's still tons of time (July 17th) until expiration.



No comments: