Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Few Trades


As for the SQQQ open position (3x leveraged short the QQQ), there's room to add, but I'm not taking any action yet as the signals there are not strong enough.

UNG long is a longer term position, there's a tiny bit of room to add, I am not going to at the moment.

SPXU (3x leveraged short S&P-500) has about 25% more room to add, again I'm holding off there, I'm interested in a move <$35.95 there. Of course if signals improve rapidly then there will be a change in assessment.

AMZN short is full size, as I believe mentioned in the last update (yesterday I think), the $255 area is was a serious magnet for a move above, volume picked up for 10 minutes as that area was passed early this morning, since volume has fell off, I'm fine with holding AMZN, if I were looking for a new position or an add to, I'd wait for signals to turn on the short timeframes.

XLF was also covered recently with a magnet/target area of $16.40-$16.50, the actual position is FAZ, it has room to add at least 1/3 more. XLF has nearly identical signals as the SPY example posted just a short time ago, there's that 1 firewall that needs to break around the 5 min area, I'll wait for that to happen, probably both in the market and FAS/XLF before adding to FAZ, although it is very tempting, I think it's early or at least is not following the principles and guidelines I preach, so I need to practice what I preach.

I have a speculative VXX long position at a very reasonable loss, less than 0.50% of portfolio so that can be added to, but again, not yet.

There's an AMD long position, I like that one, I think it is working on a base and I see no reason to let go of it at this point.

BEAV short is one I don't have room to add, I have featured and updated the idea several times in the last week or so, If I could, I would initiate a partial position here or if I already had one I would consider adding to it depending on the size, I would ideally like to keep about 1/3 of the intended full position size unfilled in case there are slightly better entries, but if I liked the idea (which I do) and had no exposure, I would certainly not be afraid to start the position here.


UDOW  (3x leveraged short Dow-30) is another that I would consider starting a position here, maybe adding to, but I'd still like to leave a little room to add to it.

I'll try to get some more out to you, if I make any changesI will let you know BEFORE. Don't be surprised to see a quick change in opinion based on a quick change in signals.

No comments: