Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Index Trades

As you know this has been a reliable source of income on a short term basis using options, picking the next day's rotation from one market average to another.

If I had to, I'd go with the Q's and probably the IWM, but this is one day in which I'm not at all comfortable taking any of those trades. I get the impression there's early strength before the F_O_M_C (maybe not as much in the SPY) and I'd be worried about them changing course late morning.

We have had a number of successful trades, even AAPL from Friday, on 1-2 min positive divergences, but they were really there and really strong for their timeframes, which correctly told us they were short duration trades as none lasted more than a day except for AAPL so far.

I don't even see that minimum of probability, except in BIDU.

Watch for AMZN earnings tonight, the after hours trade is irrelevant to me for the most part, it's what happens tomorrow and if I have time I'll get up some charts that address that specifically.


No comments: