Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Letting Go of the AAPL Feb $445 Calls from Friday

There's a decent profit there, I'm a little concerned about AAPL, not just price moving higher, but losing volatility and value in the options. The gain is over 30%, which is great for a 2+ day trade and I can always re-open it later, but for now, it was meant to be a short term trade unless something big changed, nothing big changed and it has done what I was looking for.

There's always a good chance that a run ends with a momentum spike which would be a great time to sell the calls, but it also happens quickly and I don't have the time to watch for that or to watch trailing stops so you might consider a trailing stop and keep your eye on the value of the call, AAPL's momentum, the tailing stop, etc and see if you can milk some more out of the trade.

I'll be posting some AAPL charts shortly.

No comments: