Friday, January 4, 2013

Overall Trades

Right now I feel pretty good about equity index shorts, I prefer 2-3x leveraged like SPXu (3x short SPY) , SQQQ (3x short QQQ),  SDOW (3x short Dow), SRTY (3x short IWM-Russell 2000).

As for other shorts, I'd take them on a case by case basis, obviously I want to enter in to any intraday strength, but all of them are now in a position in which they are pretty well darn negative. Even the QQQ which has been moving down is still in a good spot when looking at the bigger picture.

As for specific Industry groups, I want to take a closer look at those.

Remember you don't want too much correlation between positions, for example a QQQ short and a Tech short are going to be pretty closely correlated.

It also depends on where you are with positioning, I and many of us have already entered partial positions and adding here is a bonus, where others may have no short exposure and may want to consider a little larger positions, but I'd still leave some room to add.

I'll address these more specifically, especially as I make any additions as well as look at industry groups like Financials, etc.

No comments: