Friday, January 4, 2013

Speaking of Signals-GOOG

I take then when I get them because that's telling me when smart money is moving and I want to be moving with them.

Earlier today I posted, Taking on a Speculative Size GOOG Put for those who aren't familiar with options, this is like having a leveraged short position, directionally any way.

Then I posted... Went With GOOG Feb. $720 Puts

Now, despite the move up in the market above resistance and the potential for higher prices very short term (this is the point of these head fake moves, to provide smart money with better entries and to give them the supply they need to fill their orders), if a chart looks good to me, I'd prefer to be in line with the market, but I'll take it as long as the signal is strong enough.

Lets see how GOOG ended the day...
 GOOG vs the SPY, note that GOOg topped out and headed down instead of tracking the SPY, I can't see this as anything other than weakness. Also look at the increasing volume as GOOG headed lower.

 The SPY needed to make its head-fake move for a reversal, GOOG made its move above resistance today, the daily candle did not close strong with a longer upper wick showing us higher prices were rejected.

 GOOG 15 min chart hitting a new leading negative low in the afternoon, very serious.

 10 min chart couldn't make a new high intraday and was already in a deep leading negative position.


 The 3 min chart is beautiful.

Look at the 2 min chart, this is migration and a deep leading negative divergence at the end of day as GOOG split with the SPX correlation.

All in all, I'm glad to have opened that position today.

No comments: