Tuesday, February 19, 2013

AAPL Follow Up

I don't see the edge in a day trade in AAPL at this point, but  for anyone who might have, that's 6 points at 10-30x leverage for a Reg. T compliant day trading account, that's a pretty nice day, personally though, I gained a sense of self-preservation around age 30 and those kinds of trades, of which I use to make well over a hundred a week some weeks (my broker loved me, even knocked my commission down), now kind of turn my stomach.

 The intraday positive that was there early is gone-1 min.

 That holds true out to the 3 min, all intraday timeframes.

 Interestingly the 5 min, the first timeframe that moves out of intraday trade, is still positive as is the 10 min below.

As mentioned earlier, this is where the divergence stops, no 15 min positive.

This is part of why I chose SPY calls over QQQ as there has been rotation among the averages and the Q's are certainly due vs the others.

However one other scenario that might be interesting would be a double bottom in AAPL. I have little doubt that anything that looks like decent price strength will see continued Hedge Fund selling, but that may be what they are up to, I still think it's too early to say.


No comments: