Tuesday, February 19, 2013

GOOG

GOOG and NFLX are a couple of the stocks I mentioned earlier that showed good initial opening strength and as the NYSE TICK came down they just kind of lingered laterally.

I'm more interested here as an indication of the market sentiment/strength, etc, but I could see a trade being taken as GOOG is pretty close to a natural stop that might make it worthwhile for some of you.

 GOOG was really close to a century mark at $800 early this morning so it made sense it would take that level and all the orders that come with it as you can see by the volume, but a lateral drift set in, I thought I might have spoke a bit too early about these stocks, but apparently not so far.

 GOOG 1 min intraday leading negative

 3 min intraday has seen the migration of the 1 min divergence.

As the 5 min is now, this would seem to me to be a bit more serious than a lateral consolidation, a stop could be placed above the white trend line above $804, especially if you can get an entry near that level.

As I said though, I'm more interested in how it handles such an area.

No comments: