Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another Sentiment Indicator?

I'm conservative when it comes to options, most all of you know they are my least favorite asset and I usually only use them when I feel there's a great trade signal that doesn't have enough profit potential to make it worthwhile, like these 1-day weekly calls and puts in the SPY/QQQ.

I figure if I'm sitting on a decent rank like this, then there are a lot of people doing the wrong thing.
Ranked 14 of 930, before I closed AMZN it was 9 of 930, that's tells me not only are options dangerous, but a lot of people are looking in the wrong direction, which is interesting given some of the historically high bullish sentiment readings, especially in some of these market as I pointed out in last night's daily wrap with the NASDAQ 100 returning less than 1% for all of 2013, yet everyone is so bullish with GDP negative and the world in recession.


No comments: