Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Adding More to UVXY

At this point, this position is larger than I would recommend for most people, I'd support about 1/2 to 2/3rds a normal size position (for me that is a maximum of 15% of portfolio before margin) and subject to the 2% rule and position sizing. 

The reason I still like UVXY as a long Equity position not options, is because it is still at a decent area, options are best entered when price is still moving opposite the position you are entering (For a call, I want to enter as momentum is moving down in a head fake area for example), yet it still has some decent leverage and it is said to track VIX futures better than VXX believe it or not, they are two different companies that manage them.

 10 min chart- a perfect timeframe for this kind of leveraged ETF...

1 min in gear timing wise it appears.

No comments: