Monday, April 15, 2013

Levers Are Definitely Being Pulled

In the last post, "Leading Indicators Update", because of TLT price action I suspected that the levers of short term manipulation were being pulled to help the market, I can confirm that now.

It's not showing up in the Capital Context SPY Arbitrage yet (at least not green, but the red histogram is shallower-it is also about 30 mins delayed) because that is based on price of TLT, HYG and VXX, 3C can give us a look in side the underlying action before price ever moves so I'm willing to bet it will show up in SPY arbitrage, it's just showing up in 3C first.

 TLT 1 min with a leading negative divergence

 TLT 2 min the same

 TLT 3 min the same

 TLT 5 min shows both the price and 3C divergence

 Here's the SPY (green) vs TLT (red_ divergence I first saw, TLT should be higher.

 VXX 2 min in to price strength, If I had taken the VXX/UVXY long trade from last week, I'd be looking to close it out soon, maybe with an intraday trailing stop.

 VXX 3 min leading negative

 HYG (Credit) 1 min leading positive

 2 min the same

 3 min the same

5 min negative before the price plunge and positive now on a relative basis.

At this point I'd be looking to wrap up stage 1 from this morning on short term trades:

Stage 1
This means, take some profits on shorts/Puts in early selling

I'd be patient, but start looking for any high probability stage 2 positions.
at some point we can ride the bounce long 

Eventually we'll get to stage 3 I believe.
 and then ...

ES 60 min VERY negative, we want to sell in to price strength or short.

No comments: