Wednesday, May 29, 2013

AAPL Update

I set a bad example yesterday as I admitted and added to AAPL calls for several reasons including the Q's would need AAPL's weight to move higher, one thing I said in this post yesterday was...

"AAPL could make a head fake move and hit the stops at a very obvious $440.25"

Here are the AAPL charts this a.m., I'm glad I added yesterday because I'm no robot who can trade this quick and I doubt that short momentum downside spurt would have created a whole lot better price than I was filled at yesterday. Remember I have an over-sized position in AAPL calls at a time when I want to start focussing more on finishing up the longer term short plays so I may take some partial profits a bit early, I'll let you know of course.


 Here's the head fake move this morning on the open below the support level of $440.25 mentioned above, this hits the stops and gives us a timing flag for the reversal to the upside.

 This is how fast the head fake move/stop run reversed on hitting the stops on the open, you can see the increased volume, even though many would have stopped out pre-market, these are those orders traders leave on the books that I would never do-always mental stops and orders for me, I don't want anyone to know where my "Uncle" point is.

AAPL 3 min accumulation of the stopped out shares, as I said, traders get excited about a move up on a volume spike and think it's smart money, if I don't want anyone knowing what I'm doing, do you really think they are broadcasting it? However traders never ask, "Who takes the other side of all those stopped out shares as if they just vanished, well now you know who takes them, it's a perfect set up for smart money and this is why head fake moves make excellent reversal markers.

 AAPL 5 min leading positive at this a.m.'s stop run, very nice-TEXTBOOK, although you won't find it in a Technical Analysis textbook.

And the 30 min chart shows AAPL has some upside promise, a good amount of gas in the tank.

We'll look for other opportunities, if the charts hold up, I want to add to the small AAPL short started, but we'll cross that bride when we get there.


No comments: