Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick Market Update

There are still several Bellwether stocks that look like they have some more on the upside to go. AAPL is one, but I'd going to look for a better, stronger 3C signal entry rather than hold it as you know it was closed.

Several averages look like they have more to go as well, the QQQ has a 5 min positive, but the 1-3 min don't looks as good, early pullback tomorrow in the QQQ and AAPL? That's my interpretation.

The IWM (which looks the worst of the 4 major averages on the 3C charts) looks like the QQQ, except with a negative 5 min, that is to say 1-3 min intraday charts are salvageable, but don't look greaT AND THERE'S NO 5 MIN CHART WITH SOME STABILITY LIKE THE Q'S.

The DIA 1-3 min is nothing special, it's not anything I would trade from, however there is a 5 & 10 min positive.

Perhaps the best example is the SPY itself...

 The SPY 1 min chart with the "W" in yellow, note the accumulation at today's lows, this is what I expected yesterday when I posted this as far as my expectations for today, "Working Thesis" 

The 1 min chart is in leading positive position, but intraday is going negative. This suggests an early pullback perhaps or maybe the EOD was it and a little more upside "gas in the tank".

The 15 min chart's trend is much clearer, we had no divergences out this far earlier today, now we have a leading positive 15 min SPY so it does look like volatility/chop, but still some more gas in the tank.

This is why I'm trying to trade around what I see as potential chop or drawdown for already short term option (call) positions.

I'll post more on the market in a bit, but it is really looking bad overall.

No comments: