Monday, May 13, 2013

AAPL/Market Update

I have some more market analysis to do, but generally speaking, AAPL being such a heavily weighted stock and the market in risk on mode, generally are going to move together so I'm thinking when its time to enter AAPL short, the market too will be shot and that far gone. Oh and I don't think the reversal from this to the downside will be a process, the process has been underway for a long time, I think it will be an event and probably a pretty drastic one so I'm guessing we'll have to be in a little early and it will be worth it, I think missing the first move will be like missing most of the first move.

I'll confirm on the market, for now, AAPL.

 AAPL's long term 5 day 3C trend, big accumulation from 1996-1998, right in time for the Tech boom, then big accumulation from 2001-2003, in time for the next bull market, since 2009, mostly distribution of decades of positioning long, it makes sense theoretically and I have evidence of at least the lst 2 years.

 3 min chart showing some intraday distribution, this would "almost" pull me in, but I think something else is going on here and as a short, I would not be scared off yet, but the negative divergence here creates a price pattern that may help scare me off when it breaks out.

 The 10 min chart showing the accumulation for this move, it still hasn't migrated negative so there's still some work I think before AAPL is ready.

The 15 min chart doesn't show the accumulation for this move, it's not that big to show up here which makes sense because it's a shakeout move, why accumulate more than you need to get the job done when your primary interest is in seeing AAPL decline and you want to short strength? You don't need all those extra shares long to sell before you can add to your short position. This also shows the larger AAPL counter trend bear market rally.


60 min shows no accumulation, not even for the bear market rally because again, most shares are positioned short and this just allows them to add to that position, again, why accumulate more than needed to get the job done when you want to add to a short?

 The momentum 15 min chart doesn't show AAPL as having turned negative yet, this is the recent move since Friday's decline ended.

However the 60 min version is in line with AAPL having lost momentum for the entire, larger counter trend bounce, as soon as the 15 min goes negative, the shakeout is done, the larger counter trend bear market rally is done and AAPL is donee, I'm guessing the market is done at the same time.

Here's what's important about that 3 min negative divergence, look close and it halts AAPL and creates a bullish ascending triangle, shorts will see that and when that breaks out, they'll assume it's a bullish reversal, that is (the breakout from the triangle) enough to scare them off, a sharp upside move included should do it and a higher high, that's where I want to add AAPL puts, I also think that is where this market is in big trouble, I will confirm that.

No comments: