Friday, July 5, 2013

Going With VXX Aug. 19 Calls

I do like UVXY and have the long equity position there from Wednesday and will keep it as a longer term position, but I think we are at a decent area momentum, reversal, signal and confirmation-wise for an option position which in my case, I like VXX August $19 because UVXY doesn't have the liquidity out to August and I'd prefer a longer expiration than July now for new positions.

Here are some of the charts, as soon as I post them I'll open the Call Position.

 VXX 1 min, momentum in 3C is changing as I suspected. For me it's important with options positions to get in right before the trend changes as they are typically at their best discount in this case, as the underlying asset is still moving down.

Long / Calls in VXX is essentially like being short the SPY as far as market direction.

VXX 2 min-you can see there's migration, uit's early as I want, but it's there.

The 15 min VXX chart turned up as I was hoping, a new high would be great as well, but I think price turns before that happens.

 UVXY 2 min as confirmation of the momentum reversal, it will always start on the fastest charts first.

migration out to the 5 min chart

XIV is the exact opposite of VXX so for confirmation I'm looking for negative 3C signals. 2 min


5 min longer term negative and intraday.

the 15 min

And as far as size, the 30 min is negative so I like equity long VXX or UVXY also as I think this position will have some time, more than I'll probably be able to capture with options.

No comments: